>> Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Waw, it's been a while...  A long while.  This is seriously like tearing through prehistoric cobwebs!  But don't worry, I have GREAT excuses!!!  The first thing I do when I start reading a certain blog is to look when the blog started, and usually go back and read the very first inauguration blog post.  So if you're like me, you would see that I started writing since 2005!  That is a long time ago.  That is when you just picked a template out on blogger and it was exciting to figure out how to post photos.  Anyway, that was when I started my blog Sempre Primavera.  I was living in NYC and being a bit of a brat saying how much NY sucks and how I'm so bored. (Gosh, to be twenty something again!?)  So in efforts to force myself to appreciate NY and enjoy all that the glorious city has to offer I started the blog.  Let me tell you, it was MAGICAL!  It really worked!  Because I actually focused on seeing the good things, NYC became the glittering wonder that it really is.  It was a fantastic "girl in the city" type adventure.  


Then...the unimaginable happened!  A gorgeous European man dropped into my lap from the sky (arrived on a KLM flight), and there proceeded to be all kinds of delicious romps in sexy international destinations.  The blog became a romance diary good enough to outdo any chick flick.  After a year I moved to Holland to be with Vito and the blog became an expat chick blog, "It's Sunny All the Time".  It was a ton of fun keeping a diary about ignoring the rain, discovering Amsterdam, making new friends, getting settled and of course buying lots of shoes as always.  

So here come the excuses... after the expat theme wore off, I mean there are so many times you can write about the windmills and the wooden shoes, I couldn't find my 'theme'.  And by "theme" I mean, what I wanted the blog to help me accomplish.  Sempre Primavera helped me to enjoy NYC and inspired me to have adventures.  It's Sunny All the Time was all about settling into a new life.  And The Sunny Orangery?  It was just there and I got bored of it, but only because it's hard to pick just one theme. 

So what is it not?
- Not a fashion blog, though I'm on Rue La La and Guilt as much as the next girl
- Not a mommy blog, though yes I like to give my input into how it's done
- Not a marriage blog, though Vito also like to give input, who knew?
- Not a cooking blog, while I do take photos of everything I eat, a crazy yet useful habit 
- Not a travel blog, but my bags are packed and ready!

So what IS this blog going to be?  A bit of all of the above.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  Minus the bad and the ugly!  Maybe it should be like Sinefeld: Blog about nothing?  ...These pretzels are making me thirsty...


9 comments:

Alla September 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM  

Sorry for the long blaaablaa blaa!

cadiz12 September 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM  

as much as i doubt you ever have anything to say that is bad or ugly, it is kind of hilarious when you do talk about something that annoys you!

and i can attest, as someone who has been reading since 2005, your story is a magical one!

Alla September 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM  

oh... look who is here ;) my buddy ol'pal!

alexis September 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

good for you for trying to get something out of your blog! Me - I just try to get anything in there to begin with!

Very happy to see you writing again! :)

Anonymous,  September 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

Yay!!!! Welcome back! (And thank god for Google Reader keeping track of you for me!)
- Vespa Rossa ;)

Anonymous,  September 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

(Also, your wee one is ADORABLE!)
VR

Alla September 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM  

aww thanks guys! I really hope to stay "regular" this time ;)

Vespaaaaa!!!! STO ASPETTANDO per quando anche te riprendi col blogging!

Anonymous,  September 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM  

Credimi, sto pensandolo seriamente, ma forse aspetterò fino a quando mi trasferisco all'estero...succederà tra poco, spero ;). Ma per adesso puoi trovarmi su Twitter/Instagram.

VR

J {*sparklingly} November 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM  

Okay...your wish is my command, Ale. I'm back!

(Haven't publicized this yet to anyone, so you're the first person I "know" to know!).

XOXO,
J (formerly known as VR/Vespa Rossa) ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

A blog about finding something beautiful in everyday. Lots of time we forget to do that.



More about me.

Hi!

Hi!
Follow on Bloglovin

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP